In effort to keep everyone up to speed as to what has been going on, we thought we would put together a list of updates in a little quiz for those playing at home. Can you guess which are true and which are false?
- Travis found a lonely baby goose in Martin’s bay. When he came back and told me, I begged to go back for it and adopt it as Cosmo’s baby brother/sister. After 24 hours to “let mother nature intervene” we went back. There was a brief rough patch, but Honkers and Cosmo seem to be getting along nicely!
- Last week our maple creme cookie shipment arrived – all 20 cases! It was pouring rain, so we elected to leave them on the covered barge and unload them the next day. The following morning we noticed all the trash cans in camp were knocked over, so Travis quickly headed to the Red Lake dock to check on his cookies. A bear had DEFINITELY been on the barge!
- We had a special guest in the lodge last night, as Mary-Jane and I watched a squirrel walk across the entire length of the top of the main lodge ON THE INSIDE.
- Due to excessive wet weather, the forest fires are now under control and the open fire ban has been lifted. Consider it open season for bonfires and s’mores.
- To our knowledge, Tim Horton’s has quit making sour cream timbits (Carrie’s favorite). After accepting this devastating loss, Carrie has vowed to never eat donuts again.
Answers will be posted tomorrow!