What’s that you say? You thought the Olympics weren’t until 2016? Well, Brazil has nothing on us. Our Olympics had a fierce line-up of athletes (each representing their country of choice) who tested their strengths in a multi-day competition throughout camp. I think the other Olympics might want to consider adding some of our stellar events.
1. Fishing (duh)
2. Best splash off the dock (points awarded for flair, jump height, and splash height)
3. Maple-creme cookie eating contest (Cosmo won)
4. Kayak race (this one was SUPER fun!)
5. Tire roll (think oversized bowling with trashcans instead of bowling pins)
6. Slingshot target shooting (yes, we have a slingshot) Be jealous.
Here is our official standings board and our finisher medals:
Everyone chose their own country and made a representative flag. The flags helped to display the current leaders during the week. Each day events were announced at breakfast with much anticipation. And there were finisher medals and prizes. This all happened at the official awards ceremony, of course.
Nick and Alex weren’t competitive at ALL – ha! Nick edged out big brother Alex by less than one second in the kayak race. It was nail-biting!
Spectators and athletes discussing strategy between events:
All in all it was an excellent showing of sportsmanship, strength, valor, guts, and glory for all. Congrats to all competitors!
What events should we incorporate into the next Eagle Falls Olympics? Dish drying? Boat cleaning? Oh wait…….