We are back with the answers to our “Camp Life” true/false quiz. Check below to see how you did.
Spoiler alert: some of them were kind of trick questions.
1. Travis found a lonely baby goose in Martin’s bay. When he came back and told me, I begged to go back for it and adopt it as Cosmo’s baby brother/sister. After 24 hours to “let mother nature intervene” we went back. There was a brief rough patch, but Honkers and Cosmo seem to be getting along nicely!
Answer: Technically false. Travis did find a baby goose in Martin’s and we did go back to retrieve said goose, but alas it was not to be found. I will forever believe that Honkers and Cosmo would have been best buds.
2. Last week our maple creme cookie shipment arrived – all 20 cases! It was pouring rain, so we elected to leave them on the covered barge and unload them the next day. The following morning we noticed all the trash cans in camp were knocked over, so Travis quickly headed to the Red Lake dock to check on his cookies. A bear had DEFINITELY been on the barge!
Answer: True! Can you believe it? Travis and I had a conscious discussion about how only a really dumb bear would be out in the rainy weather on the hunt for maple cremes. Luckily, the bear left the cookies alone. All chairs, and trash on the barge and dock were knocked over, but the cookies were safe!
3. We had a special guest in the lodge last night, as Mary-Jane and I watched a squirrel walk across the entire length of the top of the main lodge ON THE INSIDE.
Answer: TRUE! Don’t fret, Travis spent a good part of the afternoon on the roof sealing all potential entry/exit points for our little friend. Hopefully that issue is solved.
4. Due to excessive wet weather, the forest fires are now under control and the open fire ban has been lifted. Consider it open season for bonfires and s’mores.
Answer: True. And we are definitely happy that the fires are under control, but now we would like some warm and sunny weather please. Tonight we plan on having our first bonfire – which makes Travis VERY happy. Summer has officially commenced.
5. To our knowledge, Tim Horton’s has quit making sour cream timbits (Carrie’s favorite). After accepting this devastating loss, Carrie has vowed to never eat donuts again.
Answer: Partially true. In a very upsetting turn of events it seems that Tim Horton’s has discontinued making sour cream timbits. However, anyone who really knows me knows I can’t stay away from Timbit town too long. We shall see…
Thanks for playing along!